Cigar Blog 101

Cigars and cigar aficionados discuss their favorite cigars, humidors, cigar accessories and more.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Thompson Powerhouse 30 Review - Cuban Delight Cigars


Review Courtesy of the 3 Regular Guys at Thompson Cigar.

Variety sets the Cuban Delight apart.

This stogie has a little of everything: Brazilian Arapiraca Maduro wrapper and a blend of Dominican Mata Fina, Olor and Piloto Cubano filler leaf. The mottled dark brown wrapper looks slightly toothy. The aroma is toasty, and the burn is quite consistent. The draw is good and this cigar produced a lot of cool smoke for all of us.

The taste is where the variety of leaves that go into this cigar showed up again. Our consensus put it at earthy, with Dave advocating a light woodiness, Scott identifying some peppery hints and pointing out that the initial taste was the stronger Piloto Cubano on the front of the draw easing off toward the lighter Olor leaf, while Colm seemed rather distracted because this cigar turned out to be much better than he expected.

All thought the Cuban Delight was edging toward medium bodied with a medium length finish.

, , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't stand reading these great reviews of Thompson cigars. :)

    Do you know why?

    I used to enjoy smoking Thompson's house brands when I still lived in the States. But now I live in Japan and Thompson doesn't ship them over here.

    It's so painful for me to read these reviews and flip through Thompson's online catalog and not be able to get my hands on any.

    Keep writing the reviews though - I'll keep enjoying them vicariously through your descriptions!

    Sincerely,
    James in Japan
    http://www.cigartribute.com

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey great idea guys.
    As a cigar neophyte I am gradually learning what is good and what is not. I have tried some premium cigars and some floor sweepings, just to see what the range is. Most of the magazine reviews I have read are just advertisements for very expensive cigars. I am sure some people find that useful, however I am looking for cigars to enjoy every day and not just special occasions.
    I am learning that even premium cigars have some flaws and which brands have the least. Reading these reviews will help a lot. Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares