Cigar Blog 101

Cigars and cigar aficionados discuss their favorite cigars, humidors, cigar accessories and more.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Thompson Powerhouse 30 Review - Don Lugo Cigars


Review Courtesy of the 3 Regular Guys at Thompson Cigar.

The Don Lugo has a dark natural wrapper with sparse tones of candela coloring. This cigar produces good smoke and bears a cedary aroma with a medium finish. The taste is still mild but has more body than the Empresario. A touch of caramel distinguishes this cigar with a slight edge.

, , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a big fan of thomson cigars. Looking forward to trying the Don Lugo.

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I tried the Don Lugo today. I enjoyed the taste and body of it, but I found that the roll was a bit too tight. I am looking forward to trying a few more to see if it was a fluke about the tight roll.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    I have smoked many a Don Lugo's and have found them to be very consistent. I've had many top rated Dominicans that don't come close in my opinion, and these are far less expensive. Great taste every time, burns well. If I had to be critical I'd say that there has been a couple times that after cutting the cigar it wants to come unraveled. I hope to resolve this by using a cigar punch instead of cutters.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mad William Flint said…

    See this is weird. Maybe I get to write my reaction off to a bad stick. This cigar is one of two that I've lit, taken a few puffs of, and put out in disgust.

    Here's to hoping it's an anomaly. :)

    (After all, I've still got 4 that have been sitting in my humidor for six months. Now I'm interested.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares