Cigar Blog 101

Cigars and cigar aficionados discuss their favorite cigars, humidors, cigar accessories and more.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Thompson Powerhouse 30 Review - TCC Phoenix



Review Courtesy of the 3 Regular Guys at Thompson Cigar.

The TCC Phoenix tested out across the board as a slightly feistier version of the Cuban Delight. Definitely a similar cigar, but a little spicier, with all of us pointing toward a peppery note mellowed out with notes of wood smoke. The Phoenix had similar body to the Cuban Delight but a shorter finish.

, , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've smoked a couple of TCC Phoenix. It's a decent smoke from a cost perspective. I'd give it to good friends who are very occassional cigar smokers or to good cigar smokers who are very occassionally friends.

    I can't give bad press to the Phoenix, but I can say the several that I have left do get relegated to zip-locs when the humidor fills up with premium sticks. It's sort of my space filler stogie.

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Phoenix is one of the best kept secrets in the business as far as I'm concerned. Shhhh! Continue to keep this our secret. Once the word gets out what a great deal it is as an every day smoke, it'll fly off the shelves and then what are we gonna do? I'd write more, but I just realized:

    1.) Your retail store is open and
    2.) There's gas in my car.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares