Cigar Blog 101

Cigars and cigar aficionados discuss their favorite cigars, humidors, cigar accessories and more.

Monday, April 23, 2007

2007: The Year of the Maduro?


Since I work in the cigar industry I have a first hand look into how the industry is growing. So far this year, one topic has continued to be a discussion with almost every manufacturer, retailer, and experienced smoker that I have talked to. The topic is Maduro cigars. Maduro wrappers have been popular in the past, but I have never seen it as popular as it is this year. C.A.O. will be releasing their new C.A.O. Gold Maduro in June. Currently we are they only company that carries them, but since they are so popular the demand has grown beyond our control. Altadis, makers of the world famous H. Upmann and 94 rated Onyx Reserve have just released the Romeo Y Julieta Vintage Maduro. United Tobacco will be releasing their popular 601 line in Maduro at the end of the year. Camacho is releasing the Camacho Triple Maduro, this cigar will be made entirely of Maduro leaves! Carlos Torano is releasing the Casa Torano Maduro next month, and Puros Indios is releasing their Limited Edition 83rd Anniversary Cuba Aliados Maduro. We are only in April, and look at the Maduro line up already! I’m excited, are you?

Corona Chris

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For me, the cigar-smoking habit didn't take until I smoked a maduro. Now I seldom smoke cigars with other style wrappers. The maduro just tastes better to me.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite cigars are typically maduros and are what really got me into cigar smoking.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always enjoy introducing friends to GOOD maduro cigars and watching as they express amazement at the richness, mildness and smoothness of a great maduro stick. All too many people seem to equate stick color solely with strength.

    Not so! All those sugars carmelizing in the leaf is why maduro leaf is king in my world.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger David said…

    I started smoking cigars about a year and a half ago. As a newbie, I decided to start lite. After a few months of sampling different cigars, I worked up the courage to try a maduro. Now, that is what I look for 90% of the time. I like the bold flavor and the aroma of a great maduro.

    Since I began enjoying the world of fine cigars, I have noticed quite a few of my friends and coworkers are enjoying cigars as well. Last month I had a party to celebrate the completion my MBA. After dinner, we had a group of seven or eight of the guys out back with a nice box of La Gloria Cubana Serie R Maduros that I had chosen as the cigar to commemorate the event. They were enjoyed by all.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I buy my boyfriend the backwoods honey cigars...I bought a box of them with individual packages....how can i store these so they stay fresher longer?

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Anonymous justpassingby said…

    Re: keeping cigars fresh.

    Obviously the best answer is to get a humidor but if your on a budget then putting the cigars in a large zip-lock bag that you can fold and cutting a normal kitchen sponge in half and lightly wetting it and putting it on the other side (don't let it touch the cigars) will work pretty well.

    You'll have to check on them initially and from time to time to make sure the moisture level is right.

    In some areas and environments its enough to just put them in the bag depending on how long it take him to smoke them away.

    If you buy them for your boyfriend on a regular basis then you can get a workable humidor pretty cheaply.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares